Freedom in the World
2014 Freedom in the World
Freedom in the World, Freedom House’s flagship publication, is the standard-setting comparative assessment of global political rights and civil liberties. Published annually since 1972, the survey ratings and narrative reports on 195 countries and 14 related and disputed territories are used by policymakers, the media, international corporations, civic activists, and human rights defenders to monitor trends in democracy and track improvements and setbacks in freedom worldwide. The Freedom in the World data and reports are available in their entirety on the Freedom House website.
Freedom in the World Comparative and Historical Data:
- Country status and ratings overview, FIW 1973-2014 (PDF)
- Country ratings and status, FIW 1973-2014 (EXCEL)
- Territory ratings and status, FIW 1973-2014 (EXCEL)
- Country Ratings and status by region, FIW 1973-2014 (EXCEL)
- Country status by region (EXCEL)
- Country status by year (EXCEL)
- Aggregate and Subcategory Scores
Electoral Democracy Data:
- Number and percentages of electoral democracies, FIW 1989-2014 (PDF)
- List of Electoral Democracies, FIW (1989-2013) (EXCEL)
Click the drop-down menu below to select an edition of Freedom in the World.