Population and GNI data source
Internet Censorship Around The World | IVPN.net
If you’re following the 2014 Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Istanbul this week, you might want to refresh your memory about internet freedom around the world.
Today’s dictators aren’t going it alone. Whether across the airwaves, on the internet, or at the polling booth, they are assisted by a range of private actors who are based in free countries but sell their services to unsavory regimes abroad.
Freedom House’s biweekly update of press freedom and censorship news related to the People’s Republic of China.HIGHLIGHTS
* Key bloggers barred from social media after ‘sensitive’ remarks
* Investigative report describes illegal web-deletion business
* Short-lived ‘fan club’ blog belies Xi’s call for public critique of party
* Report traces U.S. cyberattacks to Shanghai military unit
* Taiwan regulator rejects cable merger, proposes antimonopoly rules
Freedom House’s weekly update of press freedom and censorship news related to the People’s Republic of China
* Politburo aims to curb profligacy, fawning coverage of top officials
* New propaganda chief drops from public view
* Nobel winner Mo Yan defends censorship, reporters reach Liu Xia
* TV station suspended over vulgar row on game show
* Tibetans held for mobile-phone Dalai Lama images