Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The Intern will assist with research, strategic planning, coordination, and production of proposals for regional and global program teams. S/he will have the opportunity to gain experience with grant proposal development and writing, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, and applying creative, analytical thinking to shape Freedom House’s work to promote democracy and human rights around the world. This internship position reports to the Proposal Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, development, political science, or current college or graduate student in same field
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge or interest in human rights and democracy issues
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including use of databases, spreadsheets, internet research, and preferably the production of infographics
- Ability to work diligently under supervision, and maintain confidentiality
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi task to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to apply superb attention to detail and consistently produce timely and error-free work
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment in problem solving and decision making
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with background research and design for proposals and proposal resources
- Provide feedback and edits on proposals
- Produce interesting visual representations of proposal information
- Attend relevant events and other external meetings as necessary and provide readout to proposal coordinator and related teams
- Assist with proposal production in line with the parameters of solicitations
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified and Interested applicants
Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR. Dept., referencing 2012-073 Proposals Intern. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.