Freedom House supports the spread of freedom and democracy throughout the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs directly supporting frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we are supporting the right of every individual to be free.
The Intern will provide research and administrative support to the editors for Nations in Transit. He/She will have the opportunity to become involved with diverse activities associated with the research and production of all annual surveys for Freedom House, particularly Freedom in the World and Freedom of the Press. This internship position is located in New York and will report to the Project Director for Nations in Transit.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or graduate school experience may be necessary for the level of research needed
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated experience conducting Internet research through search engines such as LexisNexis
- Background or interest in international affairs and human rights
- Ability to conduct research in a second Central or Eastern European language preferred
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Internet research on topics relevant to Freedom House publications
- Prepare summaries of materials gathered through research
- Proofread and edit documents for relevance and accuracy
- Assist with the development of presentation materials
- Assist with other administrative activities such as data entry and mailings
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter to: email@example.com or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing NIT Intern. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.