The Intern will assist with logistical, research, and administrative support for Middle East and North Africa (MENA) programs. The Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in program administration, grant management, proposal development and writing, and Freedom House’s work to promote democracy and human rights in the MENA region. This internship position is based in Amman, Jordan and will report to the Project Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or current college or graduate student
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in international human rights and democracy issues
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Regional knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a program team
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and organizational skills
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide research assistance for programs and proposal development
- Assist with editing/writing proposals, reports, press releases, and briefing books
- Prepare financial forms and draft agreements, translating back-up documents as needed
- Assist with organizing events and meetings related to FH programs
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2012-056 MENA Intern. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.