Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The Intern will assist the Latin America team with the implementation of projects related to human rights and democracy in the region. He/she will provide administrative and logistical support, including maintaining databases, assisting with financial management and performing general administrative duties. This internship will require a commitment of 40 hours per week and will report to the Director for Latin America programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or current college or graduate student
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish, both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with democracy and human rights issues in Latin America
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong ability to ask questions, learn, and work in a fast paced environment
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Support program staff with administrative duties, including database management, financial documentation and general office support
- Assist with preparing events and travel logistic arrangements
- Research and write on topics related to democracy and human rights in Latin America
- Assist with the maintenance of a website and with writing and translation assignments in both English and Spanish on related issues
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2012-051 LAC Intern. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. need apply.