Freedom House supports the spread of freedom and democracy throughout the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs directly supporting frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we are supporting the right of every individual to be free.
The Advocacy Intern will focus on the Freedom of Expression program, U.S. government outreach and general advocacy. This is a paid internship position that will report to the Manager for Congressional Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree or current college or graduate student; political science, international relations, and journalism majors preferred
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of and interest in freedom of expression issues
- Familiarity with U.S. government budgeting and appropriations process preferred
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research for publications
- Assist with congressional outreach
- Assist with program activities related to the Global Freedom of Expression Campaign
- Conduct general administrative tasks
- Assist with event planning
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing Advocacy Intern. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.